Monday, February 14, 2011

My New Job

I poured my heart and soul into a job for three years, only to be stifled by crappy leadership who wouldn't know innovation it it kicked them right in the ass.  In the meantime, I gave up my volunteer work and my creative ventures to focus on my job.  I started to feel that I had lost something that used to be important to me.  So, I quit.

My new job: Me.  That's right.  I am my new job.

I am on a journey to find where passion and practicality meet.  I don't know if I'm going to figure it out, but I would rather die than stop trying.

I'm going to keep writing about it for all of those out there who wish they could do the same.  I'm not going to say it's easy.  I am just going to say that the universe has a hell-of-a-lot more to offer than just a paycheck.  It's sad to note that so many friends tell me they feel exactly the same way.  I can't help but feel that a whole generation of innovators are going unheard.  That pisses me off.  Grr.

That's all, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment