Sunday, February 20, 2011

In with the old... please.

It's long past my bedtime on a very long night.  Maybe it was the weather.  Dreary overcast skies foretold all day of snow.  I sat sipping tea on my sofa longing for things I don't have, and missing people I never see.  Before you feel sorry for me, this was more constructive than your typical hollow sadness.  This was more like a wistful memorial.

My therapist tells me that a piece of me has died.

Today, I spent the crawling hours putting her to rest.

I have gone through many changes, lately.  I've quit my job, started some new ventures, and am about to start a new internship next week.  I am also dealing with a recent break-up.

After the break-up, I bought an obscenely expensive ridiculously large desktop computer to fill the void.  (Ladies and gentlemen, I am now the proud (single) owner of a brand new iMac.)  I was reluctantly excited.  I've been pseudo-happily screwing around with it all week.  Instead of doing my homework, I've been tinkering with photos, experimenting with documents, and just generally fucking around.  But today I was just too tired.  I guess my exhausted brain just needed a break from all the change.

I went to my room where I've fired up my ancient laptop, which is graciously receiving its wireless internet signal from my iMac's built-in wireless router.  Something about having this thing on again makes me feel like maybe sleep is possible; like maybe not everything has changed.

Thank God for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment